Contact a WireCo WorldGroup representative today by emailing us or calling +1 (816) 270-4700.
12200 NW Ambassador Drive
Kansas City, MO 64163-1244
- WireCo is one of the world's largest manufacturers of steel and synthetic lifting products, servicing a diverse range of end markets, geographies and customers with multiple product offerings. We manufacture high-performance steel and synthetic rope, electromechanical cable (EMC), fabricated products, specialty steel wire, synthetic yarns and engineered products.
- Paine & Partners Capital Fund III, L.P., a private equity firm, with offices in Foster City, CA, Chicago, IL and New York, NY, owns the majority of shares in the Company.
- Our headquarters is located in Kansas City, MO, USA.
- We changed our name from Wire Rope Corporation of America (WRCA) to WireCo WorldGroup in October 2007 to align our identity with our global availability.
- Our international management team reflects extensive industry experience.
Our products are marketed under the following brands:
- We serve more than 6,000 customers across a diverse range of industries, including mining, oil, construction, fishing, maritime, aerospace, and military.
- Because our customers operate around the globe, we have a global network of sales, distribution, and technical support to serve them.
- We are one of the largest manufacturers of wire rope and synthetic rope in the world.
- We are a market leader in synthetic ropes, fibers, yarns and the largest manufacturer of netting in the world.
- We are the global market share leader of electromechanical cable products used for data logging in the oil and gas industry.
- We are a significant producer of specialized high carbon wire products, including tire bead and prestress concrete wire and strand in North America.
- We have a highly diversified product portfolio to meet any customer requirements.
- Specialty Wire – used for applications, such as:
- Flexible ductwork
- Pre-stressed concrete pipes and tanks
- Control cables
- Automotive tires
- Fiber optic cable armor
- EM Cable and Other Products – highly engineered electrical signal-conducting cable that is armor plated with high-carbon steel or special steel alloys to protect the signal conductors inside. These products are manufactured to meet custom specifications
- Synthetic Rope – high tenacity fiber ropes, strands, braids and strength members. Used for wide range of applications including:
- Marine (including mooring lines, life lines, winch lines and boat rigging)
- Industrial (including structural and support lines, power cables and broadcast tower guy cables)
- Polyester ropes for specialized applications
- We operate 25 manufacturing facilities, which include our joint ventures in 11 different countries on four continents.
- We have the capacity to produce more than 300,000 total short tons of wire rope and synthetic rope and 425,000 total short tons of specialty wire and related products annually.
We employ nearly 4,000 employees worldwide. We have collective bargaining agreements with the following labor organizations representing employees at some of our locations:
- United Steel Workers of America
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers
- Sindicato Progresista de Trabajadores de la Industria Metalica, del Plastico, del Vidrio, Similares y Conexos de la Republica Mexicana
- Sindicato de Trabajadores de la Industria Metalica y Metal-Metalica de la Industria y Soldadura, Arrendamiento de Equipo, Similares y Conexos del Estado de Mexico
- IG Metall of Germany
- ME Saar of Germany
- FNV Bondgenoten - (Holland)
- CNV - (Holland)
- De Unie - (Holland)
We believe we are the only Company in our industry to hold all of the following quality certifications:
WireCo WorldGroup takes an active role in industry associations that develop standards and applications, including:
- Aircraft Control Cable Group
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Committee of Domestic Steel Wire Rope and Specialty Cable Manufacturers
- Wire Rope Technical Board
- Chamber of Commerce for all Dutch legal entities
- AEP Associação Empresarial de Porto
- AICR Associação dos Industriais de Cordoaria e Redes
- EATP (European Association for Textile Polyolefins)
- CIRFS (International Rayon and Synthetic Fibres Committee)
- VNO-NCW (Association of Dutch employers)
- NEVI (Association of Purchasers)
- Ynova Lean Innovation Network association
- NCD (Association for directors)
- VKR (Plastic Recyclers Association)
- Shipserv Asia Limited
- WCM (World Class Manufacturing)
- EVO Vereniging (Organization for logistics and transport)
- Holland Marine Equipment
- O.I.P.E.E.C. (Int. Organization for the study of the endurance of rope)
- Schuttevaer (organization serving the interests of inland shipping)
- VMK (Association for plastic packaging industry)